Skip to main content

I finally have a dream!

After living for x-teen years, I- 
Wait. Is that where the word teen comes from? Young people are called teens because they're living their thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, and-so-on-teen.
(0.0'')
 I just realized that.

Anyway, I was trying to say that after years of living, I finally know how it feels like to have a dream. 

For a very long time, every time I got asked what my dream profession or career is, I'd constantly change my answer based on what I was thinking at that season. I see the dreamers and all their various, big dreams and labeled myself realist-pessimist.

Since quarantine started, mid-March 2020, I've been soooo blessed through many people. I learned to have self control and discipline, not because I have to/by force, but because I'm pushed to want to.

I've been struggling to find my passion, the thing everyone says you must know to choose your career path. You know what they say, "do what you love most". But I don't necessarily love a certain type of activity, nor do I have a particular hobby or talent. I'd say that I can do anything if I just pray and put my mind into it.

Through a program in my school, some youtube searching, and a lot of exploring, I found out that passion is not always something you're very keen of, a deep interest that you're willing to sacrifice things for. Passion can be a choice you make, a thing you develop. Somewhat like "loving what you do" rather than "doing what you love".

So I choose to focus on data science because I like solving math problems. I was also taught by my church cell group friends to develop visions. Starting from easier ones like "by the end of May, I want to be a more patient person", to "I want to be a successful data scientist/analyst", even to "getting married at the age of 26 🤣😂"

I made plans. What will I do in what age. And start learning things in field I want to explore. I encourage you to do the same, starting off easy and light, then slowly increasing the size or time-span of the goals.

Being productive and managing our life is important. As a Christian, I've always thought of pastoral ministry every time I think of living for God. But I've learned that we don't necessarily have to be a pastor to live for God. We can do it by doing well in whatever we're trusted with. Here's a quote I heard in youth service:
"We are children of God. Why must we excel in this world? why must we thrive to be successful?
So that when we share The Good News, we won't be rejected"

Loving God has always been, and will always be my priority in life. But now, I know how to do so through having life visions and missions. And it turns out that having a dream is very exciting. I'm ecstatic. I'm no longer forced to hustle. I'M DRIVEN TO HUSTLE AAAA 😍😭

If you haven't discovered your dreams or visions, don't panic or feel pressured to find it immediately. Instead, explore the world. Learn to love what you do as long as it's productive and done with integrity. :)
(I know, easier said than done)


AAAH FEELS GREAT TO HAVE A DREAM!

Sending strength and courage your way,
-K



Comments